Safety and professionalism:
Our professional guides, diving instructors, and dive masters will make sure you enjoy every bit of your day. Even if you are not an experienced snorkeler or if you are not so comfortable in the water they’ll find a perfect way, just for you. You’ll love your swim with the whale sharks. We’ll make sure you feel safe, secure and happy.
Full snorkeling gear:
Mask, fins, safety jackets and a hand you can hold.
The trip includes breakfast / lunch. When you arrive at the pier, breakfast will be ready. Cold water, soft drinks and sandwiches will be available on the boat. After the diving adventure we will have a Caribbean lunch in the beautiful waters of Isla Mujeres to complete this incredible experience.
A boat ride can be bumpy. Waves, ocean and speed boat can cause a bit of a seasickness. We’ll do everything we can to prevent this from happening to you. Before we start the ride, seasickness pills will be offered.
Pick up – drop off:
Transportation from and to any hotel is included. Depending on your location the tour will start 5:00 AM (Tulum) – 06:00 AM (Playa del Carmen) – 07:45 AM (Cancun).
Included in the tour:
- Professional PADI guide.
- Round trip transportation (A/C Round trip transportation).
- Anti-dizziness medicine (optional) as well as other natural options.
- Breakfast: cereals, honey, fruit and yogurt, sweet bread, coffee, milk, and fruit water.
- Comfortable boat fully equipped, shaded area, first-aid kit, GPS, VHF radio.
- Snorkeling with Whale Shark.
- Snorkeling at Island Mujeres.
- Water and soft drinks, during the day, Beer after the activities.
- High quality snorkel equipment and life jacket.
- Lunch: varied sandwiches, shrimp or fish ceviche, guacamole and fruits.
- Vegetarian or Vegan food available on request.
What to bring:
Hat or cap, sunglasses, shirt, swimsuit, towel, sandals, biodegradable ecologic sunblock. And extra money for souvenirs and tips. Smile and good spirit are a must!
Available for purchase:
- Pictures from your adventure and videoclips plus a free gallery “the best of Riviera Maya” (50 USD)
- Amazing longsleeve Ecotours shirt (20 USD)
- Whaleshark hat (20 USD)
- Wetsuit rental (20 USD)
$13 USD pp National Park Fee not included, must be paid directly on the day of the tour.
WHALE SHARK TOUR IN MORE DETAILS
We’ll pick you up at the scheduled time in your hotel and head directly to Cancun. During the ride, our guide will brief you about the day plan, whale shark biology and its habitat. Once we arrive to the marine, you’ll have time to relax, enjoy the tasty breakfast and get ready for the adventure. After the breakfast, we’ll depart towards the whale shark area and start our search. If on the way to the whale shark zone we spot manta rays, captain will stop the boat and we’ll snorkel with these magnificent animals.
Once whale sharks are spotted, we will start with the snorkeling. We’ll do something called – Snorkeling rounds: 2 guests and one guide. We swim slowly, smoothly, calmly. We are guests at home of the whale shark. Respect, watch and enjoy these amazing creatures. Remember that we are just observants in their world.
After the swimming and all the excitement, we’ll serve sandwiches, fruits, water, soft drinks and on the way back we will stop to do some snorkeling and we will return to Isla Mujeres for a lunch. We’ll have an hour to relax and enjoy the fantastic beach Playa Norte in Islas Mujeres. After the wonderful day we will return to the marina at about 03:30 PM.
During the tour, our guides will give you all the information about the fauna of this beautiful ecosystem; they will also explain security protocols and make sure that you are having a great time.